View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2017, 07:22 AM   #7
Fissel
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Fissel

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '08 Honda 599, '83 Honda C70, '78 MotoGuzzi V1000G5, '72 CB175 & CB350, '68 Gilera 124 & more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
I believe the stock main and pilot for the new gens are 98 and 38 respectively. I have the typical bolts on and only have 100 mains and 40 pilots. I'm actually thinking about going back to 38 pilots.

Every bike is different but I figured if I have all these mods and have only moved up 1 main jet size and 1 pilot size you may run to rich if you mess with the jetting. Have you tried adding some small washers to the carb needles? That helps with flat spots in the higher revs (7.5k-12.5k)

*disclaimer: my bike could very well be running lean but the way she runs and the color of the plugs says shes okay* just figured I'd throw my .02 in for reference. Best of luck!
Thanks for the intel. Maybe I'll just leave it stock. Sounds like it isn't that far off. A couple of other modern carb bikes I've had (especially the Triumph Thruxton 900) ran massively better with some small changes from original.
Fissel is offline   Reply With Quote