View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2017, 06:25 PM   #13
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fissel View Post
Surprised to find DynoJet doesn't appear to offer a jet kit for the 2008-10 Ninja 250, only a stage two kit. What is everyone using?
Just picked this bike up, has sat for a full four years and the gas was disgusting and carbs were pretty dirty. While in there I figured I would install a stage one kit to compensate for the (I assume) terrible factory jetting. I plan to leave this bike 100% stock otherwise. Carbs were a little tricky to get off so I just assume do it once.
Any help is much appreciated-
Fissel
On my 2007 I have simply increased the main jet size from a 105 to a 110 and it runs fine. I have about 500 miles on the 110 main jets and I'm going to pull the plugs soon to see if I like the color. I put Yoshimura mufflers on at the same time I increased the main jet size. I would have increased the main jet size even with the stock mufflers as the plugs were running way too white for my comfort levels. I have shims for the jet needles but I don't plan on using them. You may just want to go to larger mains and you'll be OK. I'll bet dollars to donuts that your stock main jets are too lean (thank you EPA and California). What a-lot of people don't understand is that an increase in main jet size will enrichen the fuel mixture from 1/4 throttle to full - it doesn't just affect full throttle operation.

Bill
Ram Jet is offline   Reply With Quote