View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2017, 08:28 AM   #7853
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacRyann View Post
Hey, it could be worse! You could live in Nazi California with regulations for everything! I have to try and figure out how to register an IL bike with 3500-miles in CA. They're gonna squeeze me for full-retail sales tax. Or blacklist the bike in system so I can never register it!
I think I would agree with you here. I've done some reading on California motorcycle regulations and it's insane the inspections you all have to go through. Good luck on all of that. Sounds like a pain in the arse.
But as Caligrrl said riding season never ends and for that I'm jealous. Illinois has some harsh winters although they've become much less harsh over the last 10yrs (global warming?).I would LOVE to ride in California. That's a cross country trip I would love to take with my Uncle Bill aka @Ram Jet ! Could a Ninjette do a trip like that? Honestly I find my 250 extememly confortable. I would be able to pull it off as long as the bike could. Eh that's far down the road for me but nice to think about.
Anyway, my stay bar will be in today. I get off work at 2 so I will be mounting my gauge cluster, headlight, mirrors, and possibly my headlight fairing after work. Hope it goes smoothly. If anyone has any advice I'll take it although Ram Jet will be on standby should I need some help. Can't imagine it would be too difficult a project. Next weekend it's the ol fender eliminator trick.
This stuff is much more fun than a top end rebuild lol.

Edit: made a thread about my project in the 86-07 tech talk area so if anyone has anything to say please do so there would help me out a ton.