View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2017, 03:23 PM   #18
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
Ya - they buy it at over list price, then add another $1000 for a 3 year "bumper to bumper" extended warranty so they "don't have to worry about anything" for 3 years - then sell it in less than 1.

Then they think they can get that money back when they want to sell it...
Oh it's worse than that, hahah. In addition to the extended warranty, sales people try to hook you with a service plan too. Then they add a ridiculous setup fee, a freight fee and a documentation fee. (none of which is real, factories set MSRP with those costs in mind. It's just ADP, additional dealer profit) Then tack on the usual tax title and license. Woah, does that seem like a lot of money, well you can finance it. Still a big monthly payment? well we can lower that with a 7 year plan. Never mind the cost off financing at that interest rate. At the end of it all the poor fool paid double the MSRP. Then 2 weeks later... Well I'm not really into this bike. Lol.

Buying a new bike is almost never the right choice for anyone. Maybe a better deal for new old stock a dealer is tired of seeing around. Last year I bought my new old stock Ninja 1000 for half MSRP. Poor fools were trying to get $2 or $3K more for used models of the same year on craigslist.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.