View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2017, 10:19 PM   #23
Twinshock750
ninjette.org member

Name: Alistair

Motorcycle(s): CMR TZ750 Yamaha, McIntosh TZ350 Yamaha, OW01 Yamaha, 300 Ninja Lightweight production Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph42 View Post
When you say EBC HH, you have to specificy which ones. The base model HH sintered or organic are horrible. The only good ebc pads are EPFA (Extreme Pro) and GPFA (racing).
I've been using the "base" HH compound sintered EBC pads for years in my TZ's with a feel I like etc and never have a fade problem etc, though I'm not that desperate on the brakes!

BUT, I have to say I ordered up a set of HH's for the Ninja as they are the pads I like and frankly was disappointed. Stopped okay, but no matter what I did, I could not get a good lever. Always lots of travel and not very good on the confidence scale.

I fitted a set of Street Sinter Vortex pads and even when the pads were not even bedded in the lever "came back" and was what you'd expect to feel for a nicely bled system.

Never had that before. The Vortex pads wear fast though...two - three days of racing and they are done, where I usually get ages out of everything else.

Thanks for your comments on the the GPFA andf EPFA etc - I have not until recently found them for many of my bikes.