View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2017, 10:15 AM   #5
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

Problem is that people my age are completely turned off by HD and the culture surrounding it. We see men and women ages 50+ who are completely closed-minded. My dad raced bikes for many years. He was a Honda/Kawi guy. He used to make comments about HD owners and how very little they actually rode. Anyway my dad won a HD in a raffle about 5yrs ago. I don't remember what kind it was but it was more along the lines of a touring bike. Had everything. He gave it an honest shot. He hated it and sold it a few months later and owning one verified everything he already knew. Loud, overpriced pieces of **** he would tell me. People are buying a name, a brotherhood, a culture. Something my generation really cares nothing about. Give me a brand new R6 or an old 1979 Honda CB 750FOUR and I'll be the happiest lady in the world. Love my ninjette's. If HD riders want to look down on me for my choice in bikes then I look down on them for being THAT closed-minded and maybe that generation ruined the HD sales for my generation. HD has no one to blame but themselves and their not so friendly customer base. As far as Buell's go it's funny that they ended up with HD. Can't stand a Buell either, thanks Dad.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.