View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2017, 02:20 PM   #1
Aldent
ninjette.org member

Name: Zavier

Motorcycle(s): -

Realized I will be in a predicament with transporting by first bike

Quite the pickle of a predicament. A predicapicke if you will.

99% of the beginner sport bikes I am looking at purchasing are nearly 50 miles away. Anything closer is either a harley, dirt bike, or a 600cc supersport.

On to the root of the problem; since I am most likely going to be buying from a private party through craig's list or something similar, I'm going to have to act fast to avoid having the bike bought out from under me. But, I work from home and have no car to the seller with. I have a family member I live with, but she has a typical 9-ish to 5-ish job, so by the time she would be able to take me to visit the seller, the bike would have already been sold. Also, her car is a company car, so I cannot legally drive it, and she is not allowed to tow anything, so no motorcycle trailer.

I do also have an in-law that has a pickup that I am assuming a ninja could fit in, that I could call upon to help me. But again, usual jobs, plus he is a farmer.

The only way I can think of to meet a seller would be for me to rent a u-haul truck or van, put the bike in the back of that, and bring it back home.

Oh and if you are wondering why I don't just get a ride down there and ride the bike back home - ATM I don't have an endorsement, the college that gives the MSF class stopped giving them for this year in august. Even if I did, I wouldn't want to ride a new-to-me bike in unfamiliar territory while trying to remember what little I learned there.

Is there another option I am missing?
Aldent is offline   Reply With Quote