View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2017, 10:05 AM   #24
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
"Quality" is subjective depending upon usage requirements. More like "characteristics" or "design properties" is what you're talking about then. For some usages, "cost-per-mile" is an important "quality" such as for LEO operations that puts on a lot of miles. "Puncture resistance" is another high-priority "quality" for this application where Q3s and Pirellis fall short.

For others, such as brand-new riders, perhaps saving a couple hundred bucks on their first bike is an important consideration. These riders will never be able to tell difference between IRC vs. Q3 tyres on their 1st bike anyway.

Just because you demand certain list of prioritized "characteristics" from your tyres, doesn't mean that everyone else should have the same requirements from their tyres.

For me, any carburetted bike is "low quality" since EFI provides so much better performance, lower-maintenance and easier/faster tuning. I don't want to waste time prepping for winter-storage. And I prefer to just hop on and and being able to ride after letting it sit for 18-months. Just because I prefer "high quality" bikes, I don't disparage other's choice to ride "low quality" bikes.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.