View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2017, 08:48 PM   #433
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu_Mishary View Post
The service manual and the user manual comes with the bike I purchased. Unlucky me since I did not use my money on those manuals rather than wasting it to buy riding protection for myself, eh?
No, I don't think you wasted your money purchasing protective clothing. You see I'm 69 years old and I'm sure you are much younger than I. After seeing your post a few times I just got curious about the priorities of "new gen" riders vs. "old gen" riders like myself. I wear James Dean/Steve McQueen type riding attire. Call me reckless but I choose to travel light. My total investment in protective riding gear is:

2006 - New Bell full face helmet - $85.00
2006 - 3 large bandanas for cold weather face protection - $ 3.95
2014 - Gauntlet insulated cold weather riding gloves - $40.00
2017 - Used garage sale full face Bell helmet - $ 2.00
Total - $130.95

I'm very glad you have service manuals also. A service manual is just as important as a set of good tires to me.

I was just doing a personal behavioral science study. By the way, Michigan just repealed their helmet law. 99.9% of the time I wear a helmet because June bugs and large bumble bees bouncing off my face at 60 M.P.H. hurt like hell.

Ride on and thanks.

Bill