View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2017, 07:48 PM   #438
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu_Mishary View Post
Not everybody is as experienced as you Bill and not everybody has the luxury of buying the apparels often. I am from Malaysia and currently residing in Malaysia, where the tax for motorcycle related stuffs is really expensive due to the currency conversion rate and the tax imposed by our government. Motorcycle import tax alone is 100%; which means if you get a Honda CBR for about US$3,000 (for example) here in the United States of America, I am getting it for about US$6000 in Malaysia.

Fyi, the current apparels I bought were after 8 years of owning my first Kawasaki ER-6n, such as the Rev-It! Leather jacket and pants, which I paid using my credit card and still paying for it (under the monthly flexi payment plan) even if it has been over a year... My items listing so far were as below:

1) Custom Made Fieldsheer jackets - purchased EXACTLY 8 years ago.
2) Delta tactical boot - I HAD to buy it since I COULDN'T AFFORD A DECENT MOTORCYCLE BOOT.
3) Fieldsheer short glove - I bought it along with the custom made Fieldsheer jackets as a gift to my brother, but since he couldn't care less using it, so I used it anyway.
4) Vemar Jiano Bluetooth Helmet - The ONLY HELMET I BOUGHT ONLINE THROUGH EBAY. THE SELLER HIMSELF HAS STOPPED SELLING. THIS WAS ALSO 8 YEARS AGO. Bought using cash, wire transferred to England, which I saved a portion from my monthly salary before browsing ebay to buy it.
5) Nolan Modular Helmet - Bought it using my credit card. strive by getting part time job so that I could afford on monthly food. Thanks to this, i could pay off the credit card company on time.
6) Forma Majestic Touring Boot - I bought this using the bonus my company rewarded me. The result was that I was not around during the festive holidays with my family just to cover back my expenses for this purchase.

The list goes on and I would not want to bore you on the reasons I made to these purchases and not spending a US$50 for a service manual.

It doesn't matter whether you are 69 years old biker or 36 years old too-much-spending youngster (according to you - i rephrased), if you crash with no proper apparels on, it's going to hurt.

And calling me an "ill repute" is just plain rude for a 69 year-old "experienced" biker like yourself.
I finally get it. You are a racer. That explains your attention to detail when it comes to protective clothing.

Your quote "Be good to others so that they would be good to us too" is very similar to a concept promoted by the French Political Scientist, Alexis de Tocqueville, "self interest rightly understood".

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~hyper/DETOC/ch2_08.htm

Bill