View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2017, 06:38 AM   #20
Kawinoob217
ninjette.org member

Name: Ethan

Motorcycle(s): 1998 Kawasaki Ninja 250

I'll see if I can open up the carb on the weekend and check out the idle screw passages. Shouldn't be anything some compressed air and some new gaskets couldn't fix. I'm a college student so time is scarce. I'm not sure what I've got on hand, but I think I've got 110 jets sitting in the jet kit I received with the bike. Assuming that I'm running lean right now, and I switch out my 112's for 110's, would I have to shim (or shift my eclips down), even more? It's to my understanding that the needles even though the 25% to 75% throttle range still pull gas through the main jet. In this case am I right to assume that less gas will make it though? I do believe I'm running lean as, shifting my needles down really killed my throttle response last time I tried. I know for sure that I'm running rich on idle, as blipping the throttle at idle, the tach dips below idle before returning to normal. Also, I've never had to use choke on a cold morning. I'll play with idle screws a bit more before I decide to totally take them out and screw up any gasket I might have left in there.
Kawinoob217 is offline   Reply With Quote