View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2017, 04:16 PM   #36
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
Those days are gone. MotoGP bikes and Superbikes are reasonably close at this point.
Are they?

How many laps does a pair of tires last in a Moto GP practice session or race?

Are you wearing out tires as quickly with your "commute" or "aggressive" riding?

Quote:
The video says the car was better than a cycle tire in cornering. I can maybe see it on the hwy, but while cornering it isn't going to be "better" than a cycle tire.
I didn't look at the video, but I never said car tires are "better", I can only present the parameters that I use car tire on my vehicles.

Quote:
Look at the way the tire need to deform when on its side. There's a lot of stress on the sidewall, and you are rolling on a small area that is the transition from the tread to the sidewall - something no car tire designer intended.
Consider the stress forces generated by a 4000 lb. car vs 600 lb. motorcycle.
I doubt a motorcycle can exceed the stress forces required to test the limits of a car tire under normal "commute" or even "aggressive" street riding.

Quote:
I'm glad a car tire is working for you, but I'd never try it for "normal" street riding that isn't almost totally "commuting". But then again, I'd never ride a maxi-scooter either.
That's your preference, you'd never know what you're missing.

Never judge anything that you are not willing to try, for you'd have no parameters to draw comparison.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote