View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2017, 07:24 AM   #4
cbreater
ninjette.org member

Name: Corey

Motorcycle(s): 16' S1000RR, 04' CB919, CRF150/230, 07' 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR44 View Post
Thanks cbreater. I never heard of Ricor before you mentioned it.

I realize I should have defined my current setup in my original post. I have 0.75 Sonic Springs and my damper rods are unmodified. Based on my read of the Ricor website, it appears you can drop in the Intimidators without modifying the damper rods. Is this true? If so, that makes them far more appealing than GVEs as far as ease of installation is concerned. Also, it seems that with my springs, 5wt oil is the way to go - do you agree?
That is true. I installed mine exactly as the instructions directed. Drop might be a stretch as they do fit pretty snug in the forks to force the oil through it's own passages. Drain the old oil, pump it all out, slide the valves in (i had to use the spring to get them all the way down, it did require pushing them down) fill with 5wt oil (i purchased the oil direct from their site). They presumably use the 5wt so that its thin enough to render the stock damper holes useless and force it to use the Ricor valving. I personally dont know what affect thicker oil would have on the way that they work but it works so good as the suggest i dont see any reason to modify it.

I forget the oil height I went with but will find out and post it up for you to try. If Z1R Rider sees this, he can post it because I went the same height as his.

They are as easy to install as you read.
cbreater is offline   Reply With Quote