View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2017, 09:57 AM   #27
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawinoob217 View Post
Whelp given the time of year the bike is back home in the garage while I'm off at university. For a bit, getting it to start in the morning took about a minute of cranking, which isn't good. Kestrel you are correct in that I get surging issues when it comes to cruising RPM's. I'm not sure why it took so much cranking at cold to get the bike running. It felt as if I was getting combustion, and I just needed to hold the starter down long enough for the combustion to warm the block so that it could self sustain. Yesterday I prepped the bike to be stored for the winter (took all the fuel out and drained the carb bowls), and I decided to take the plugs out. The left plug (left if you're sitting on the bike) was covered in oil....uh oh. The right plug was white on the tip (makes no sense since I think I'm running really rich). I've definitely got some work cut out for me. I think I'm going to try a couple of different things with the carbs, but if I can't come up with anything I'm going to send the carb off to ducatiman. Also, does anyone know a good resource for learning the tear down process of the engine? I'm guessing that I need to replace piston rings if I'm seeing oil on the plug. I'm sure I can get the engine apart, but I'm not so sure that I would re-assemble it correctly. I'm not to keen on the whole timing chain and cam shaft positioning when assembling the upper.
This is a MUST! Just consider it another text book.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-Se...tY5oww&vxp=mtr

It's a good price too. Kawasaki wants about $50.00 for the same thing.

Bill