View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2018, 08:24 PM   #40
Cafe Racer
ninjette.org member

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): Harley Fatboy, Honda CX500, Harley XL1200C Sportster, 305 Honda Dream, Ninja 250

Harley and Indian have dealer demo days usually in the fall up north. They are just starting them around here (FL). Google Harley demo days for more info.q
There is always Bike Week in Daytona in mid-March. Neither Harley or Indian seem to care about your experience. You need your motorcycle endorsement on your drivers license. They even have helmets. Many states require eye protection. But that is about it. You fill out some forms all on little iPad like things and go pick you bike. They have a little safety meeting and your off.
Daytona for Harley is a different game. You get this little black credit card thing when you sign up at a dealer demo ride. Keep the card for future use. You show them that your current drivers license pick your bike and " just follow the orange cones". No safety riders, no safety BS, just ride it like you stole it.
Indian was a bit of a pain. You had to listen to everything about every model no matter what you were riding. No sling-shoting, no passing, stay in line and on and on. I did enjoy the ride once I got over 40mph. I what back to Harley and over the next couple days I rode every bike. Still like the FatBoy with the 114CI engine. My 2009 Fatboy has a cam, intake and exhaust upgrades and a tuner. It is still faster then the new stock bikes.
By the way most folks seem to get the local dealer demo days by car. I see no discrimation towards any want-a-be rider. If you had a helmet, leathers and gloves no one will batted an eye. Heck my local NJ dealer usually has great deals on used crotch rockets that get traded in on new Hogs. I am surprised by the numbers I see on the lot. I was temped a time or two this past summer.
Cafe Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.