View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2018, 11:09 PM   #1
Darkening
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Xan

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

Help with hoses after carb cleanup

Hello to all the community! Hope you're doing fine wherever you are.

My ninja was some months without use at all so after I tried to start it, it would crank but no joy. I removed the carbs, cleaned the gunk that formed, everything pristine.

I put the carb in the bike, put new fuel in the tank after draining the old, crank and... nothing. And nothing, nothing. I started smelling fuel so I thought I flooded it but boy, it was more like a tsunami. I quickly removed the main hose, drained a lot of fuel (was even in airbox) and now I'm thinking what went wrong.

Seeing this picture , looks like I have the vacuum hoses inverted. I was following the service manual and they look different. In the picture, the 3 way hose goes to the right carb and I guess the other carb gets connected directly to the fuel tank. But according to this, the 3 way hose goes into the left carb!

So, here comes the question. What do I do? Do I need to get the carbs out again and drain fuel from everywhere? Just switch the hoses, crank again and all good? Does the hoses position it even matter? Maybe the floats are not closing and the hoses are unrelated? Please, help!
Darkening is offline   Reply With Quote