adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
I kinda have to tilt my stand and then wedge it under with one side first to ensure that it falls onto the other side properly. That means all the weight of the bike on ONE side of a *cheap* stand for a few critical moments.

There's no need to tilt the stand... just make sure the right-side cradle is lined up so that it catches the spool as the bike goes vertical, and go slow until both sides are in the cradles.

I put my left hand on the bike while I move the stand into position and start to push the handle down. This is so that if something starts to go wrong I can pull the bike back to the left and it'll drop back onto the kickstand.

The right hand, meanwhile, maneuvers the stand to make sure the right side spool drops into the cradle properly. Once both spools are in there I let go with the left hand, shove the handle down and up she goes.

T-Rex stands, BTW.
Not expensive ($109 for both front and rear stands), good quality, made in the US, no worries about cheap-a$$ tools.

http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=11

Note how much bigger the cradles are than the HF ones...makes lining it up easy.

adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote