View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2009, 05:21 PM   #200
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Quote:
11/16:
12:00pm - Jon's new room at Baylor is shared with 3 others. He had just finished his physical therapy for the morning and was returning to his bed when I arrived. He was in a wheelchair and very alert, kicking his right leg up and moving his right hand. He was wearing a regular t-shirt and scrub pants. They had removed his catheter and have a waist band around him that helps with his blood pressure when he's sitting up and helps prevent him from rubbing/scratching his stomach area.

His speech psychologist worked with him this morning and said he spoke for the first time: his first word since his accident was "YES". When Lori told me the news, I tried it myself, crouched down by his wheelchair and asked Jon if he was feeling ok. I told him to tell me yes or no. I put my ear up close to his mouth and he breathed "YES" and I caught a glimpse of his voice. No words can explain this miracle. He watched me talk to Lori and move to the other side of his bed. When I walked across the room to talk to his friend Zac who has also had a TBI racing his motorcycle, he kept his eyes on me and Zac. He started to kick his leg more and become agitated because he wanted me to come back over to him. We calmed him down and he started to fall asleep when I left. I have posted his routine therapy schedule above under the group description in "Basic Info".

via: Penny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Broom
jon is doing so good here. he said yes earlier today and then said f--- later in the day during therapy. that's a good sign... he does still have the feeding tube but he is not on an iv anymore or using the picc line. that should be coming out soon (picc line). another good day in dallas, can't ask for more than that for now.
about an hour ago