View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2018, 08:37 AM   #26
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoMoto View Post
Yes. I just cleaned the chain about 400 miles or so ago with Maxima Clean Up and then used Dupont Chainsaver chain wax after that.

Is it decently easy to replace chain myself? Last summer I removed the carbs and all that (had Ducatiman do his magic) and put the carbs back in. That was alot to disassemble and such and I managed. Is this job easier or more difficult?

JT Sprockets offers a Chain/Sprockets combo. Are they decent quality?
Triple Jim is absolutely correct. You could run the chain for a while after you lubricate it. Don't know about this "chain wax" stuff. I would use regular engne oil over that. I got 18,000 miles on a non "O" ring chain using regular engine oil on my Kaw 500 triple. Replacing the chain and sprockets is the best way to go but, being cheap, I would run it for a while with a slightly loose chain to see if it sorts itself out. If you have the skill to remove and reinstall the carbs the chain and sprockets should be a piece of cake. If you don't have a geniune Kawasaki service manual I would strongly suggest you obtain one.

Keep us posted.

Bill