View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2018, 12:22 PM   #34
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoMoto View Post
Here are some pictures of the chain at it's loose point. Sorry about all the dirt, it needs a wash and I live on a dirt road.

Used Dupont Chainsaver Chain wax. How should I check for actual chain wear? The chain has 13k on it...think the wax may have cause stiff links?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoMoto View Post
The 3 things I see on the link...I don't really see "kinked" links just tight spots.(?) As far as the pulling at the back of the rear sprocket I get maybe almost half up the tooth..and the 100 mile adjustment I am unsure of as I just adjusted and found the uneven tension....should I replace all anyways?
Nothing wrong with uneven tension, it's there 90% of time due to production tolerances. You adjust slack at tightest rotation point.

Pulling chain away from sprocket is not good test. If you put brand-new chain on old sprocket, guess what? It pulls away quite a bit!!! Is your brand-new chain worn-out? Did those cheating lying creatins' sell you an old chain? No, it's just not good test.

Here's real way to determine your chain-wear, measurements with NUMBERS!!!. Where your numbers as measured on your bike falls within tolerance limits will tell you if your chain is 10%, or 50% or 90% worn. Until you actually measure and come up with some numbers, you'll never know

What is distance between 20-links on your chain?
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote