View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2009, 12:27 PM   #1
jamesbernatchez
Rider newbie

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Project: Street 250R

I have almost 900 miles on my first bike (250R) and am having a blast. I am glad I picked this over a 600 for my first bike. After riding for the past few weeks I felt a little cramped in my arm area. Sitting straigt up on the bike my arms are slightly bent and it doens't have the forward lean position that I actually want. Plus I wanted to "make it my own" and add some stuff to help me enjoy the bike even more. I changed the oil and filter at 600 and need to bring it in for its first service next weekend. It will also be jetted and tuned at that time too. I got the WoodCraft clip-ons last night and wow, great build quality. I got them done last night...night and day difference in feel now. Only did a quick ride down the road last night to check them out. Plan on riding this weekend if weather is nice. The clip-ons combined with the new X-Race rear sets that I purchased from ztrack on here (Sportisimoto) really make me feel like I fit the bike much better. I have long arms/legs and am 6' so this combo stretches me out just right. I much prefer the clip-on bar height from the stock bars.

I still need to install the right rear set tonight and then I will take some better shots of everything with a real camera. These were taken with my Iphone.

I am waiting on my Private Lable MFG exhaust which I will install early next week before it goes to get jetted. Only other mods I plan to do are sliders, windscreen, rear passenger peg delete, Area P exhaust hanger, and rear tire hugger. Might step up to a 140 rear eventually too.

I will continue to up date this thread with new photos and info as I go along.

'09 Ninja 250R
jamesbernatchez is offline   Reply With Quote