View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2019, 03:23 PM   #7
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig99 View Post
It sat for 2 years outside. Okay so here’s the update. When I try to blow through the fuel line going into the carb, I can’t blow through it. But when I force 120 psi of air in it it’ll have some come out, but when trying by mouth, it will not let me blow any air into the carbs. The petcock pisses gas from the vacuum hole in the on and reserve/prime position. I ordered a petcock that supposedly works with the bike just for the he’ll of it due to it being 7$. But that wouldn’t cause my issue here would it? Because I literally can’t even blow through the brand new fuel line while it’s attached to the carbs. So there’s no way fuel can get in them either since my breath can’t. I also tried blowing while cranking bike, same result.
No, you've got several independent issues:

1. Inline filter inside fuel-line has been reversed and crushed-in on itself, or it's completely filled up with crud and not passing fuel.

2. and/or .... fuel-distribution line between carbs clogged and not delivering petrol to float-bowls.

3. and/or float-valves stuck due to dried petrol varnish acting as glue.

4. petcock's diaphragm ripped and not opening petcock's fuel-line.

5. new petcock (when it arrives) will not fit because it's too short, selection-handle will hit bottom of tank, and tilt petcock to prevent seal with tank.

I suggest removing carbs and sending them to ducatiman for full-refurb job. This way, you only have to remove carbs once. Rather than doing one trick once. Then having carbs still be problematic and having to yank them yet again, and trying slightly deeper clean. Only to find it didn't work and yanking them yet again for more desperate attempt at "cleaning" to have it not work... etc.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; April 30th, 2019 at 10:04 AM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote