View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2019, 03:53 PM   #8
Sig99
ninjette.org member

Name: Simon

Motorcycle(s): 1993 katana 600 (sold) 1999 gsxr750 srad (sold) 1991 zx10 (blown)2016 grom 125 (sold) 2006 ninja 250r (current

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
No, you've got several independent issues:

1. Inline filter inside fuel-line has been reversed and crushed-in on itself, or it's completely filled up with crud and not passing fuel.

2. and/or .... fuel-distribution line between carbs clogged and not delivering petrol to float-bowls.

3. and/or float-valves stuck due to dried petrol varnish acting as glue.

4. petcock's diaphragm ripped and not opening petcock's fuel-line.

5. new petcock (when it arrives) will not fit because it's too short, selection-handle will hit bottom of tank, and tilt petcock to prevent seal with tank.

I suggest removing carbs and sending them to ducatiman for full-refurb job. This way, you only have to remove carbs once. Rather than doing one trick once. Then having carbs still be problematic and having to yank them yet again, and trying slightly deeper clean. Only to find it didn't work and yanking them yet again for more desperate attempt at "cleaning" to have it not work... etc.

Floats were stuck. Ordered a kit from ducatiman and rebuilt them. Bike runs now, rides, and revs. But I have like surges of power. So from idle to 10 grand, it accelerates decently hard but not as much as it’s supposed to. Once I hit 10k, it explodes with power and actually lifted the front wheel on the first - second shift. Why am I not getting full power until after 10k?
Sig99 is offline   Reply With Quote