View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2019, 10:15 AM   #10
Sig99
ninjette.org member

Name: Simon

Motorcycle(s): 1993 katana 600 (sold) 1999 gsxr750 srad (sold) 1991 zx10 (blown)2016 grom 125 (sold) 2006 ninja 250r (current

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
My guess is the slides are not lifting properly (too slowly) for one reason or another.
Well I discovered I forgot to put the air filter in. So I put it in, and went for a ride, bike ran much better.. I figured I’d go down to pepboys and spend 10$ on a vin check so I can go register this thing. About 25 minutes down the highway, I lost power. All power, and then the bike died. I’m currently waiting for my progressive road side assistance, (thank god I got insurance literally yesterday) and so far I’ve tested for spark, I do have strong spark, and my 7$ fuel petcock off eBay has failed. Gas flows out in the on position with the bike not running. I suspect this to be my issue, but will investigate further once I’m home. Any ideas? Bike just started to lose power little by little and then died (acting as if it’s running out of gas) I was cruising around 80mph. Also, What’s a cheap strong petcock I can buy that won’t fail in 17 miles? New one from Kawasaki is like 100$. Not interested in paying that at all. Lol
Sig99 is offline   Reply With Quote