View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2019, 03:39 PM   #13
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromagg View Post
So for everyone still claiming they'd clean the carburetor again, how exactly would I get any more thorough? I took every piece out individually and let them soak for hours and then ran high psi compressed air through everything etc. Should I decide take these apart again are you saying I should buy a repair kit and replace the internal parts?
Carb-cleaner is no longer effective at dissolving dried-petrol varnish due to removal of chlorinated compounds.

In addition to hours in ultrasonic cleaner with radioactive caustic solvents, thorough carb-cleaning requires mechanical scraping with wire and flossing all fuel-circuits. Some people use guitar wire of specific gauges for each type of hole being reamed.

Also needs soda blasting @ 100000psi. For example, did you disassemble emulsion tube and ream out every bleed-hole with tight-fitting wire?

There are guys here who can rebuild entire engine with both hands tied behind their back using their teeth only. And they have had to pull and re-clean their carbs 4-5 times ever more thoroughly before bike ran in factory-fresh condition. If your bike doesn't run like it was when leaving showroom floor, carbs aren't cleaned to factory-fresh condition.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote