View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2009, 06:29 PM   #8
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Whew now I know why they spend a few hundy at the dealer for the 600 mile service! lol

I still need the huge sockets for the steering bolt, swingarm bolts and axle bolts! My jixxer axle sockets didn't fit. Also need new cotter pins to adjust the wheelbase (chain slack). Will have to look up/find the sizes on those sockets.

Need to get some spiffy extensions and another ratchet to hit both sides of all the engine mount bolts but I got them as best as I could for now. I've had engine mount bolts come lose in an Integra before and know how bad that feels vibration wise.

As always the plastics were a million times harder to get back on than they were to fall right off.

The rear brake pedal pivot bolt is kinda scary on this bike and hard to get to. I'm gonna pull it back out and loctite it. I forgot how crazy working on bikes is.. you get to see how they're barely held together! I guess that's why it's good to give a hefty pre ride check before every trip out. Seems like you can't be thorough enough!

Sorry to bump an old thread

Anything you guys and gals can think of not on that list that is a common area in need of attention?
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote