View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2009, 01:51 PM   #34
Blue Hawaii
Master of Nothing

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): Yamaha YZF600R, Kawasaki Ninja 250R, Honda CRF450X, CRF230F, CRF100F, CRF70F

On my girlfriends bike, gas POURS out of the petcock when you remove the vacuum hose first and then the fuel line hose second. Highly doubtful it is a "faulty" petcock with only 700 miles on the clock. This brings up an issue with me of "factory defects" or "faulty/inferior" parts used for a "budget" bike. This would then bring up further concerns across the whole board on the quality of the bike itself. What's next? Faulty master cylinders on the breaks? That would be "bad"!

I also have questions about the step by step illustrations at the top of this thread posted by kkim. (not knocking you, Kelly, since you are obviously one of the "Ninjette Gawds" here, but please clarify for the newbies)

Step 6, Kelly says: "under the tank, remove a vacuum hose that runs to the back of the fuel petcock."
Step 7, "under the tank, make sure the fuel tap is in the "on" position and remove the fuel hose from the fuel petcock. The valve is vacuum operated and with no vacuum, no fuel will pour out of the tank as long as it is in the "on" position. Do not leave it in the prime position as fuel will run out... ask me how I know."

The photo that depicts the order of events given in steps 6 & 7, clearly show the fuel line disconnected and the vacuum hose still attached.

So... which is it?

Last futzed with by Blue Hawaii; December 4th, 2009 at 04:01 PM.
Blue Hawaii is offline   Reply With Quote