View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2008, 03:03 PM   #6
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
It's actually not a legal requirement. Some Ducati motorcycles, even recent ones, have come with only single throttle cables. But doing the mod on a bike that came with a push/pull setup doesn't seem wise to me. Of course it's OK as long as nothing happens with that single cable that's left. And in the scheme of things, having the throttle do something unexpected (or not respond as expected) on a ninjette is probably much less dangerous than on a literbike. But I don't get going through the trouble to simplify the maintenance (takes 2 seconds to adjust both cables), or the weight (inconsequential). Heck, weigh a Corbin seat and a stock seat, and see whether it's necessary to remove 30 or 40 throttle cables to make up the difference.

I find it quite a pain to get the cables adjusted correctly and if you have one correct and the other incorrect, the net result is that it's out of adjustment. The worse that could happen if the single cable breaks is that the bike will go back to idle... the same in a push/pull setup.

I'm looking for reasons for why I need to keep it that may affect the bikes proper operation or ridability.

From the reasons you stated, you're keeping it just cause it's there.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote