View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #14
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiphone View Post
Heh, that looks like a blast ^_^ Do you ever take your 250 to the track? Or is that your designated track bike?
I haven't taken the 250 to the track yet. I think that it could be fun at a track like Infineon, where you're on the edge of the tire for 90% of the lap, the speeds are generally lower, and hp isn't as much of a factor. At Thunderhill I think it would be a challenge on the 250, at least when grouped with bikes of all types and sizes (compared to racing in a 250 class, for example). The videos make it hard to judge speed, but on the front straight on the 10R I'm nudging 160 mph, and on the back straight a bit over 130 mph (both indicated, so actual speeds are a bit less). And I'm a slowpoke in that crowd. There were 2 250's in the same group this past day, and the closing speeds are sometimes 40+ mph or more, which can be unnerving for both the passer and the passee. I think the 250 would be fun at the Streets of Willow, but probably not the Big Track there, and it might be fun at Laguna as well.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote