View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2008, 03:38 PM   #11
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
But what are the chances of the cable breaking (or almost breaking) and a rider not noticing it right up until the spring fails as well?
well, if there was only one cable, you would know as soon as the single cable broke. In your scenario, you still wouldn't be able to ride the bike with only a push cable.

Quote:
And these cables were spec'd for a bike that the designers knew would have two of 'em. I wonder if more care is put into the cable design (thickness, materials, and attachment points) for bikes that don't use the push/pull setup..
Good point. I'll be sure let you know when the single cable fails. I've been running with a single cable on the dirt bike w/o problems. Granted it's a 2006, but I think proper maintenance is the key rather than adding an extra cable to ward off the liability claims.

Quote:

Even the new Yamaha throttles that are running an electronic sensor to measure throttle activity and a stepper motor to control the throttle plates still have both a return spring and manual cable in place to positively confirm that the throttle plates are closed when the rider rolls off.
Is that with one cable or two?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote