View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2020, 01:24 AM   #10
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Ouch!!! Glad you healed up cleanly and quickly. Tough to bandage spot like that, might have been easier to put gauze over wound and just wrap tape around entire hand. You can use Mastisol to clean and treat skin so tape & bandages stick better. Might also want to try some of new ”liquid skin” bandages that’s just brushed on.

For clean sharp cuts, like from knife, you can use medical-grade CA glues known as “skin adhesives”. These are more flexible than regular CA glue to move and stretch with skin so you don’t feel it much. I’ve used this stuff called VetBond, made for pets, but it works just fine on my human skin!

MIG won’t work with aluminium, too difficult to control. With DC, you also want reverse polarity (DCEP), which won’t work on MIG. You really need AC TIG to break up surface oxidation layer. Also for thin aluminium, AC keeps penetration shallow so you don’t blow right through it.

I’ve actually got really good results brazing aluminium with rods like this and oxy-acetylene torche. Although for thin sheets, you can use just propane or MAPP gas. For both welding and brazing aluminium, you’ll want to scrub surfaces really well with stainless steel brush to remove surface oxidation layer. Makes it much easier to get good penetration.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote