Thread: Keihin CR Carbs
View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2020, 12:14 AM   #6
punishum808
ninjette.org member

Name: Tracy

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki JPN Katana 750 , 1994 Suzuki Pro Stock Motorcycle , 2001 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Wolfe View Post
Ive recently got a set of cr special 33s on my bike. The main jet doesnt seem to influence off idle as far as I can tell.
These carbs only need a tiny crack of the choke.
To get mine to rev thru the mid range I had to move the needle clip down one position.
118 mj should be in the ballpark with no air filter. Im at 122 mj with no filter but have 300 ccs and 33mm cr carbs. All ive done for the idle mixture is turn the air screws. Of course im a racebike so I dont care much about low or mid range tuning.
Thanks Dave, yeah, I went to a guy at a local shop and he was telling me its the pilots, I went back and checked and the pilots were plugged. This is turning out to be now just a road race bike too, so much for using it as our pit bike already. Will test again next week as it has been raining like cats and dogs every day and I have the Ninja covered outside to have more room to work on it. The dragbike is taking up all the room in the garage at the moment. Mahalo Dave
punishum808 is offline   Reply With Quote