View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2021, 05:09 PM   #34
falonso0
FDA

Name: Fer

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250R 2009 and Yamaha YZF R1 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Again, easiest and fastest fix is to restore wiring back to 100% stock condition with incandescent bulbs. Bike worked 100% when it left showroom floor with OEM harness, and it will again once harness is restored to 100% OEM. It was mods that broke it, and undoing mods will restore to working condtion.

Once it's back to 100% factory condition and working, I'll show you how to wiring in LED lamps properly so it works with factory wiring. Unlike incandescent bulbs, LEDs are polarity-sensitive and can only be wired in one way.

If you've cut factory wiring to install LED, you need to restore factory wiring connectors to factory condition. Get:

2x female 2-position HB050 male connectors (1 blue, 1 orange)
4x male 2-position HB050 female connectors (2 blue, 2 orange)
http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__...onnectors.html

I know, it's Honda colours, but is same connectors as black & grey used by Kawi.
I would agree if the mods didn't work, but having the possibility to disconnect and isolate them of the problem, I see no reason to leave everything original. I never cuted factory wiring, I always used conectors.

Something I never mentioned is how the problem started. I went out for a ride with my girlfriend and left the motorcycle parked. When I return I try to start and only hear the starter motor but it does not start (sometimes it happens to me and turning the key off and then on it works fine). So I turn off the key, turn on and it start. After 3/5 seconds it turns off and I try the same thing again while go down the sidewalk and that's where I ran out of dash and had to call a motorcycle crane because I could not find the problem since everything I could try seemed to be fine... Now I´m at home trying to repair that