View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2021, 05:52 PM   #38
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
This is different bug separate from ignition-switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falonso0 View Post
A new test show me that the turn signals works fine. This is hard to explain. They always worked well because the test was always done with the front turns unplugged and therefore with the dash connected they did not turn on. The problem was, I discovered that if the taillight (position) was without tension, the built-in turns of the tail would not turn-on if the front turns are not connected. Then I connect the front turns and they work perfectly with normal flash (front and rear) but without position light and brake light.
In short, now if I connect the dash I have front and rear turns with the turn signal indicator in the dash (green light) and nothing else. If I disconnect the dash I have front and rear turns and also stop and brake lights and nothing else. When I say nothing else I want to say that the rest buttons, lights etc doesn't work at all.

Still does not explain why dash disables turn-signals, that's only symptoms or effects afterwards.

There is major wiring issue because turn-signals DO NOT depend upon dash. Only connection between turn-signals and dash is indicator-light on dash when turn-signals are activated. Two wires only. Plugging dash in should NOT disable any lights.

Until you fix wiring and restore to 100% OEM configuration where ALL lights work with dash connected, there's no way we can fix any of it. Too many unknowns. Need more data and you are only one that can provide that data by measuring.

This is different problem than ignition-switch, and may require you to remove more than just tank. Might need to remove engine and crankshaft as well.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote