View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2021, 09:55 AM   #1
JackTheAlbatross
ninjette.org member

Name: Jack

Motorcycle(s): Ninja Kawasaki 250r 2006

Single Click when Trying to Start My 2006

So last Sunday I cranked up my 2006 250r Ninja to warm up. I forgot to set the petcock "ON" instead of fuel. I come back and it's not running anymore of course. I realize I forgot to set it to "ON." No problem.

I try to crank it up, and I get a single click from the right side of the bike. There's no multiple clicks like I'd expect with a dead battery. Just a single click when I press the start button.

The sound, from what I can tell is coming from the starter relay. I've checked the battery and it's at a 12.67v.

*Feel like I should mention this: I've noticed the starter relay is getting pretty hot after a couple of attempts to start the bike...? Not sure if this is normal.

Things I've tried:
1. Charging the battery - the battery stays at 12.7- 12.5v after charge.

2. Complete the circuit from the starter relay with a screw driver - there's absolutely no spark when I touch the two screws

3. replaced the 30 amp fuse on the starter relay - same click when trying to start.

4. Ordered a new starter relay - same single click

5. Tightened the battery connections

6. cleaned the battery connections

The battery is relatively new. I bought it earlier this year. I'm thinking of trying to jump the battery with a jumper pack. But I have no idea what to do now. lol

Please help. :|

Last futzed with by JackTheAlbatross; June 19th, 2021 at 11:05 AM.
JackTheAlbatross is offline   Reply With Quote