View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2021, 02:58 PM   #8381
Topaz
ninjette.org member

Name: Topaz

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 / Suzuki DR-Z 400 SM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedrewski86 View Post
Did you go by the Sonic calculator to decide on the .8kg/mm? I went a little heavy when I got springs for my SV, their calculator had me at .85 and I opted for .9. I wish I had gone heavier still as I almost bottom out every time on my local canyon route.

I ask because I will need springs for this 250 I have coming and I don't want to underestimate my spring rate. I'm around 190lbs with my gear and I'm considering bumping up to .9kg/mm.
Yes, pretty much.
Race Tech calculator gave me .76 (whatever is closer).
Sonic calculator gave me .8.
Race Tech calculator is more precise. It asks you your riding level and type of riding.
I'm 155lbs, mid group B track rider.

I just finished the installation. I only did a couple of street rides to test everything. They feel good, much more solid compared to the stock springs I was riding, which according to RaceTech are .65.

I changed to oil to 10w. I may have left too much of preload. I only have 8-9mm of static sag (only weight of the motorcycle). Fork travel is 120mm for the N300.
I also installed a set of SSR preload adjusters. Don't know if I will use them much, but they sure look batter than raw metal fork tubes top end.

My next track day is in a week. Will update with impressions.
Topaz is offline   Reply With Quote