View Single Post
Old August 27th, 2021, 11:19 AM   #19
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongzy View Post
Yeah I have notice this, I tried to start my bike this morning and it was dying even when on full choke so I put the petrol on prime and it ran perfectly, these carbs do need to be clean asap, thank you so much Serge
This means your petcock is defective as well. Vacuum is not activating it and you have to manually turn it on (pri). And your carb float-valves are not shutting off petrol flow properly when bowls fill up. Send both petcock and carbs to Ducatiman for restoration.

I had exact same problem on my 2009 when I 1st got it. It had sat for over 6-months when previous-owner lost interested. It did start and run for 5-seconds before it died. Then leaked entire contents of petrol tank through carbs into cylinders overnight. When I tried to start it next day, it was locked up and stripped teeth off starter ring-gear.

I had scheduled trackday soon, so I just welded teeth back on rather than waiting for new part to arrive.

You've been lucky! Send your petcock & carbs in for restoration before this happens to you!!!
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.