View Single Post
Old September 6th, 2021, 11:02 AM   #37
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsninja2020 View Post
I got the bike to rev up a little better but it still has an erratic idle to it and the carb slides do not seem to lift. It had good acceleration up to 4000 RPM but after that it just was flat. Can I pull the air box out of the way enough to check that or what would cause them not to lift. When I open the throttle it is sputtering like it is not getting enough fuel to keep going. Did find pin holes on the slide diaphragm and repaired them but I ordered a new set to be on the safe side.
Quick test is to look at slides when revving and see if they lift fully. Vacuum increases with RPM and you should see slides lift higher and higher. At mid-range, they should be at least 50% open.

If not, reach in there with your fingers and help lift slides up as you increase throttle. Does it redline now?

If so, you've got slide issue. New diaphragms may help. May also need to scrub out vacuum-ports from beginning to end. Also make sure vacuum-chambers are sealed.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote