View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2021, 12:55 PM   #2
Awoofc54
ninjette.org member

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Fresh carbs no start

Alright so I just bought my first bike (2009 Ninja 250r). The seller had the bike garage kept, but it was sitting for about 2 years. The bikes battery was the first thing that needed replaced. After installing a new battery, I tried starting the bike and it wouldn’t turn over. I used starter fluid and the bike would turn over but died fairly quickly. So i ask a buddy of mine to take a look at it and he said the carbs were bad and I need to get them rebuilt. So I took the carbs to the shop to get rebuilt and cleaned (I don’t own a vehicle that can haul so I only brought the carbs). After a few days I got the carbs back and installed them. I excitedly went to turn my bike on and it wouldn’t turn over. Starter fluid was the only way the bike would turn on, but it only stayed on for a few seconds. Could I have routed the hoses to the wrong places?

The point is I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong and also I don’t know what I’m really doing at all lol. I would take the bike to a shop but I don’t have anything to haul it with. Is my first bike a bust? Please help!!!!
Awoofc54 is offline   Reply With Quote