View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2008, 09:37 PM   #12
TheDuck
Da Duckman

Name: Duckman

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, '06 Chopper, '80 Puch Magnum II, '01 SV650, '99 CR250/CR500AF Sportbike. '02 CRF450/CR500AF Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz-RS View Post
A suggestion for the kick start. It looks like the part that actually bolts to the engine is steel right and can be removed from the kicker?

Bolt a short piece of flat steel from it that you can weld a 3" piece of round pipe. Then weld another flat piece onto end of that to remount the kicker. With the round pipe in there you can make a bracket that'll bolt to the frame somehow to support it while it's still able to rotate. You'll have to make it so that the pipe is inline with the shaft coming out of the engine.

Hopefully you get what I'm trying to say.

PS. cool project. How much have you spent so far?
Nah, I don't think I quite follow.

This is a kickstarter shaft removed from a CR500 engine. I just need the right side extended about 3" before the splines. I might be able to have a local machinist make a new longer one or extend my existing part.

I just really didn't want to tear the engine part just to install it, but I might have to anyways, the clutch is sticking a little, and that is all on that side of the engine.

OR, I think I might be able to get a second one and couple them together somehow.

Last futzed with by TheDuck; December 11th, 2008 at 11:31 PM.