View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2008, 10:30 PM   #5
islanderman7
The Sexy Filipino

Name: Jordan

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2008 (da black one)

Yea, thats what I want. I want to be there and see exactly what he would be doing.

Oooooh you're so tempting me right now to just tackle them carbs. I know what you're saying.

But all those hiccups I met when taking out my OEM air box shook me up a bit. Left a sour taste. I'm not kidding, one of the four bolts that holds this bar (anterior to the battery, posterior of the bar that holds the gas tank in), the head broke off and the body of the bolt was still threaded in. When tightening the bolt to make it snug, the head just snapped off. I was like WTF, the other three I was able to make them snug. Guess it must have been a defective bolt. Pissed me off cuz I had to go out and buy an easy out. Ended up replacing all four bolts out of fear they could all be defective.

And as much as I love working on my bike, its not enough to match the love of riding on it more. Haven't rode her in a week.

The jetting spec would look something like this:
YEAR: 2008

INTAKE MODIFICATIONS: OEM air box removed. K&N R-0990 Filter

EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS:Full System Area P Standard CF

JET KIT OR STOCK? Jet Kit

BRAND OF JET KIT? Factory Pro 3.0 (FP sells two of them 1.0 and 3.0 The 3.0 is for when you desire to remove the air box)

MAIN JET: 112

NEEDLE AND CLIP POSITION: e-clip 3rd from the top (since its middle ground)

MIXTURE SCREW SETTINGS
: Don't know yet

ELEVATION: sea level to 400 ft.

MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BIKE’S JETTING SETUP:Not there yet.
islanderman7 is offline   Reply With Quote