View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2022, 10:12 AM   #11
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

in my era Modifying a bike ment going chopper style and no i do NOT recomend that....
making your bike into a stripped down light weight cafe racer is bound to de-value the bike.... unless you find the perfect buyer but that is very unlikely.
so I would recommend just leaving it alone !
when most people look to buy a used bike they are looking for a stock one...
not a modified one.... changing the exhaust and air filters and other cosmetic stuff will not help you get top price for the bike... re-painting the bike will.
but it has to be a really good paint job or it will lower it's value not increase it.
getting top dollar for a motorcycle is hard....it always has been. the top priority
must be getting the bike to look good and pristine.... like it has never been used.... if you can do that then you can get top dollars for it...(as long as the miles are fairly low)
..... to that end keeping the bike stock is the way to go for resale....of you have no intensions of selling it , then make it how you want it. and enjoy it all the more....
Bob......