Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2022, 01:07 AM   #261
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

when I was growing up big engines were in their hay-day ...everyone wanted one and most already had them.... then came the economy of driving a big engine car.... it cost alot ! and people tried gillions of things to get better gas mileage ....me included but there is no substitute for starting with a smaller engine in the first place ! ....
My Late father in law got over 50 mpg in his Honda accord when they went on a vacation across the USA at near 80 mph most the way....
that was the same year that the auto manufacturers testified before congress that there is no way any car could be made to get over 50 mpg....
so congress was lied to, and so on...
the reason to have a big engine is to accelerate UP to cruising speed fast
if you can be happy with getting to cruising speed slower then get a smaller engine.... they almost always get better mileage stock !
...but it's all a scam... they have the technology to give us over 200 mpg on the average car right now.... but it would hurt THEIR pocket book... so they don't do it....
besides every high mucky muck in the car manufacturing business owns stock in oil companies and they want to see them do well.....
that is why gas prices continue to rise and it won't stop till they have no gas to sell........it's the American way.... GREED out the kazoo !
Bob.....