Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2022, 05:28 PM   #271
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shspvr View Post
I high doubt your late father-in-law got over 50 mpg out of his Honda Accord when a I had a 1978 (Love this car but got stolen) and 2002 Honda Civic which are smaller car then Accord and it couldn't even hit 40mpg out of.

Sure, it's possible we can get 50 miles per-gallon out of a small 1.5L 4 cylinder but you also have to in factor in coefficient drag, weight and rolling resistance and whether or not you're going be on flat, uphill or downhill even today hybrid car can barely get too actual 50 miles per-gallon in real world user data then we have Miles Per Gallon electric vehicles known as MPGe and EV owners. Unlike mpg, the lower the kWh number / per-100 miles, the better it is then the cost of owner ship and repair of two in long run vs, gas vehicles which are still 40% cheap over the course of its life span of 15 years with all gas and general maintenance and wear and tear items that are factored in for 250k miles, god help when EV Battery or Motor and electronics it can be a nightmare to diagnose and or goes out of warranty.
LOL.... Ok I'm not trying to convince you as you've already made up your mind on the subject ... they got a consistent 43 MPG going to town from Lakehead (Redding was Town) ca. 40mpg doing stop and go town running and 51 to 53 on trips.... my Sheriff father in law never lied in his life and I have no reason to believe he did here either !.... it was a 1980...something
1988 perhaps not sure.... they took it to the dealer to get serviced as he always had done because he didn't even know how to change the oil or own the tools to do the job.... that man got the officer of the year award a decade or 2 ago for climbing out on the under side of a bridge and talking a guy out of committing suicide..... he said he was scared too... and I laughed.... because that man was not scared of anything.
a great man and we will miss him he was like a Dad to me albeit reluctantly LOL......
Bob.......