Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2022, 05:16 PM   #350
marshallsmith27
ninjette.org member

Name: Marshall

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 and 2006 Triumph America

Let me know how your gauge goes. I would like to have one handy around. The weather here is the worst. It was 39º this morning and then got to 84º. hottest day of winter so far. if you can still call this winter. I was wearing all black and boots and in the shop with the doors closed but one of the corner fans on while pulling the old tires off and putting the new ones on and I was seriously about to pass out. It got hot here so quickly. albeit I was kind of sick yesterday so I didn't really eat so thats part of it I'm sure. just a few days ago it was a low of 25º and a high of 44º. But it was nice to ride the bike with no jacket today!

So I just took the bike for a ride to my grandfathers. I had to do it quick because it was getting dark and I don't want to get hit since I have no lights or plate on it at the moment and I didn't want to get seen by the police. they were everywhere when I was on the road. go figure.

It runs pretty good but the low end seems to be missing. since I do not have the cluster on the bike I'm not sure of the RPM's but it takes off okay and then a little weak and the kicks in hard. I didn't realize this 250 had this much of a punch. I have 2 shims and 40 pilots and 108 mains. the bike now always returns to idle and never dips. it idles smoothly at a very low rpm too so idling has definitely been fixed. I don't think I need to go up in main jets for this RPM range so what is it that I need to fiddle with? more shims. I also should note that the diaphragm that I said was very hard to get back seated when I took the carbs apart yesterday it was no longer like that. it seated very easily so who knows.
marshallsmith27 is offline   Reply With Quote