Thread: Carb woes
View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2022, 12:19 AM   #361
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL yah I know what she means and I agree, I'll shuddup on the political stuff !
the Ninja is already geared extremely low for a street bike i guess because it is really made for the track but that is one of the first things I changed on my bike I went as steep of final gearing as I could get ! 16 tooth in the front and 43 tooth in the rear and it still takes off rather well ...i have no problems with that aspect of it.... but now it will cruse easily without revving it's little heart out......... i know , I know they can do that all day with no problems but i'm a guy that likes to not rev a bike real tight and anything above 8k RPM makes me nervous ! LOL....
..... believe it or not I love 2 stroke bikes ...their my first love Triple Jim has a 750cc kawasaki 2 stroke that he has fixed up something amazing you want acceleration you need one of those things ! man they are MEAN !
of course you can't find them anymore ...and if you do find one it will set you back more than a brand new HD ! their collector items now !
...so I settled on my second best and that was a triumph and about a month went by and I saw on Cregs list a triumph for $4,000 I said WOW that's really cheap for a triumph ! .... went and looked at it with my trailer attached and brought it home ! HAHAHAHHA took a good 3 months to get it going right but now it's a one kick, going 750cc Triumph ! so I haven't been able to ride it much ...YET but I am planning on it !
out of all the bikes I have owned I think I like the big single's the best
although twins are also a favorite.... when ya want to go fast !
i like the low end torque and tractor-ability of them their just fun as heck to ride !
I think you better put the seat back on that thing before you ride it much buddy if ya hit a piece of fire wood laying in the road with no seat you'll be standing for a long time after that because of a sore butt ! LOL
later !
Bob........