View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2022, 05:41 PM   #1
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

this one is plain WEIRD ! it can't do that !

ok I put the new petcock on the ninja.... but I could not get gas to flow out of it.... no matter what I did ... so i drained the tank again and put the old petcock on that I had taken apart and cleaned real good and found a bit of corrosion on the sealing flange for the "o" ring to seat on so i got it cleaned up as best as I could..... it seals fairly good now so it shouldn't leak ...I hope...
put it back on the tank and added gasoline and no gas flow in any position !
i took off the lines, thinking it might be vapor locked but no flow at all !
i even opened the gas cap..... no gas flow....
now from all I know if you have a valve opening into the bottom of the
gas tank and you open that valve you should see gas flowing..... well in this case with 2 different valves no gas is flowing at all.... not even a drip.....
I've been trying to reason this out for 2 days now and according to all I know
it can't do that !!!!
anybody got any ideas before I pull the tank off again and pull off the old petcock ?
Remember i just pulled a bunch of the Kreem gas tank liner out of the tank with needle nose plyers and I think I got about 80 to 90% of all of it out....
no doubt there is still some in there but that should be filtered out with the many filters on the bike..... but WTF ? why no gas flow it can't do that !
Bob...