View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2010, 08:10 PM   #12
adri99an
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Donger

Motorcycle(s): "Is that a Ninjer 1000?"

Talking That's my backyard fellas

The 16th I'm pretty much in. I do the Azusa/GMR ride all the time. There are a few routes we can take but it is a lot of fun.

Ride 1: enter through the Azusa Canyon.....ride through some small twisties.....to east fork...head across......stop for a cold one (coffee shop)....continue up into GMR backside...nice twisties here...a little muddy from the past rain.... to rest the infamous rest stop (Glendora Mountain Road/Glendora Mountain Ridge) From there---you can ride to Mount Baldy (single lane...may be some snow--really cold but fun) or you can go up GMR which has a TON of twisties and corners......rest stop (to catch your breath--check out the views) then continue down GMR with more SEVERE twisties--a few 180 degree turns to the bottom and end up in Glendora.

or Ride 2 which is the opposite of ride #1 where you start from the bottom of GMR in Glendora. I usually go this way--since I live closer to this end.

Ride #1 is great because when you start off in Azusa--the twisties are small and is sort of a warm up for you and your bike....you know to get your lean on.

One thing I don't like about the weekends though are all the cars and a few idiots driving too fast on the wrong side of the lane sometimes.......

If you need any other information--let me know as I ride this ALL the time.....my wife gets mad because I spend too much time with the twisities and believe me I am NO road demon....I like to take them nice and smooth--I have 2 small children and don't need to show off for anyone......Always Ride Your Own Ride......
adri99an is offline   Reply With Quote