View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2010, 07:02 PM   #4
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
+1 here. I bought my bike new in '05 and have enjoyed every minute of it. It has exceeded all my expectations. I have 18,000 miles on it and will be keeping it for a long time
Onother plus to this bike is all the friends I have met here on this forum.
This forum is superb. We have no flamers, very few arguements, and a genrally caring atmosphere. I know that after 14 years of no motorcycling, I got woefully behind in what was going on. I hung out on this forum for a few months just copying the mail and decided that the Ninja was the bike for me. The next thing was finding one. Many E-mails and phone calls later I managed to find the last Ninja in the State of Maine. I bought it sight unseen and charged it on my credit card---a thousand dollars to hold the bike. The next day I went to the dealer, bought a helmet, jacket, pants, and gloves (already had boots), did the paper work, and rode off. I have never regretted the choice. The bike was green--which was fine, but it had all these ghastly stickers all over it advertising an energy drink that tastes like dishwater, and a plethora of stuff i never heard of. I guess it was their Special Edition. A hair dryer quickly dispatched the stickers. I got the bike pretty much where I like it--a ZG Touring windscreen, fog lights, brighter head light bulbs,brighter tail light bulb, saddle bags, tank bag, and tail bag, spools on the swing arm to make using the lift easier. I do plan to change sprockets so that the engine does not have to work as hard at speed, and to stiffen up the front end. There is a performance shop not too far away who can do that for me at a reasonable price. I may fabricate a set of hard cases out of fiberglass when I can decide on shape and size. Once I do that, making the mold should be easy and fabricating can begin. I made a set of cases for a BMW and they came out well. I should have kept the mold. Fiberglass is fairly easy to work with. The hardest part is putting down a good gel coat and then not making the cases too thick. You also need good ventilation or you will start seeing things.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote