View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #13
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto13 View Post
I happen to live about 10 miles south of Sailariel, and bought a 2008 250R as well. We are at different points in life, him with grown up kids and mine very small. He's owned many bikes, and my 250R is my first.

What we do agree with is how wise of a choice buying this little bike was. I've had no problems with the bike either, and though I don't have 20 years of riding experience as many in these posts do, the bike has handled completely as I expected. I've had no mechanical problems, and have ridden about 8,500 miles as well in the last two years. I can't say enough about how this product fulfills so many needs at once - riding to work, long rides, short corkscrew rides to work, etc. The value is undeniably high.
Phil and I have gotten together this past summer---rode to an antique/classic motorcycle show and had a blast. Did not see any Ninjettes there. I do read some laments concerning the performance of the Ninjette. Here is where my experience of having ridden many bikes since 1958 comes in: Right now the Ninja is the only 250 on the market that can handle Interstate speeds with ease. This has been the case since 1986 when the Ninja was introduced. The Ninja will outperform some 500cc bikes made today--example Royal Enfield and Buell Blast (no longer in ptoduction). It performs better than 650cc bikes built in the 70`s. I have ridden current 250cc bikes, Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda Rebel. All very nice bikes, but no comparison to the Ninja. Kawasaki has put together a Sport Bike that challenges the novice and expert as well. I have never ridden a bike that is so "flickable". There are also products available that can tailor this bike to suit your riding style---you need not look further than this forum. Even with Kawi`s price hike, this bike is one of the best values around.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote